Why Mercedes is so successful in Formula 1 this year? - Split their turbos in half!

ante_st

Formula 1 engineers get paid loads of money to be very, very clever. Every year there seems to be one team that figures out competitive edge while staying within the rules, and this year, that team is Mercedes.

By splitting the two elements of the turbocharger — putting one in front of the engine and the other behind — the Mercedes-AMG F1 engineers have unlocked a huge amount of potential. Mercedes F1 drivers Lewis Hamilton and Nico Rosberg have won 14 of the 17 races run thus far, and the team has already clinched the manufacturers championship.

Je da, sad su razdvojili turbo i dobili snagu iz zraka - ovaj koncept ima ponajmanje veze zašto su trenutno No1 na gridu.

Ako je netko proučavao tehnička pravila znat će da nema ograničenja na prijenos snage u smjerovima MGU-H <-> MGU-K, i tu leži njihova prednost. Oni se stavili nešto veći turbo i konstantno vade struju iz MGU-H-a koja ide ravno u MGU-K i zbog toga imaju praktički u cijelom rangu okretaja 30-40ks više od ostalih...